Monday, October 31, 2011

Final Blog Post: Summary

Throughout the semester, my entrepreneurial idea has developed into something realistic and useable. Originally it started just as an idea of a way to help event planners to stay organized, allowing them  but as time went on it snowballed into a planning, communicative and overall managing software. Because there is nothing like this software in the industry I was able to creatively put together the different aspects essential to an event planner.
Learning about multiple technological components in IST 195, I was able to expand my idea to incorporate technology to effectively promote an event, track attendees, payments, popularity, media coverage, etc. I decided that my program was not going to just a planning assistance program but have much more depth to it, with search engine potential. By having it hold information you input as well as that off the internet an event planner would be able to build off information they already know with information provided to them.
By looking at different entrepreneurial perspectives on lifebyme.com I was inspired to take my project another step further in the direction that follows my "superpower" as you could say. That is to allow my program to by synced with hotel's booking programs. Since I ultimately want to be an in-house event planner for a hotel, I would want to be able to sync the programs together in order to know how many guests I would need to book for, total costs, the type of people attending, and if they have any loyalties to my hospitality company.
I think this project was very educational, allowing me to slowly develop an idea relatable to what I want to create in life. And by doing so in a blog format taught me what goes into blog posting and allowed me to learn about a new way in publishing ideas.
The three blogs I commented on are:
http://beautyisonlyhairdeep.blogspot.com/- post #1
http://krissieoja.blogspot.com/ -post #1
http://djweinst.blogspot.com/ -post #7

No comments:

Post a Comment